Dyslexia 101 – learn more about Dyslexia in general
- free to the public
- appropriate for anyone who seeks information on dyslexia including parents, teachers, and tutors
- learn the science behind reading
- focus on the understanding of a struggling reader and speller
- learn how to accommodate a dyslexic
- learn why assistive technologies matter
- dyslexia simulation experience
- expanded knowledge on 504’s and IEP’s
Orton-Gillingham Math Training for Dyscalculia
- Provided by Jennings Miller, Certified Math Trainer for Orton-Gillingham International
- Workshops related to teaching multisensory math
- Appropriate for all grades K-6, RTI/PST, special education, and remedial 7th-8th grade math
- Appropriate for teachers, tutors, or parents
- Certificates given upon completion
- See EVENTS page for next scheduled dates and times
Handwriting Techniques Training for Dysgraphia
- We are making plans now to have a training on Handwriting in 2018.
- In the meantime, two of our staff are tutoring in Handwriting & Alphabetic Phonics as they have completed training with Jill Ham, Children’s Dyslexia Center of Georgia. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for tutoring needs.
For any Training that has Required Fees, please see below – for the Online & Mail-in Payment Option(s).
Deduct $10 – from the online payment drop-down options above & mail your payment (2 weeks before the event) to the following address:
Alabama Game Changers (note – new address as of June 2017)
1678 Montgomery Hwy
Ste 104 – PMB 303
Hoover, AL 35216
Any questions about events – email AngelaFletcher@AlabamaGameChangers.org
©2015 Alabama Game Changers, LLC. All rights reserved.